|Can adult get HIV infected by other's breastmilk
Feb 25, 2001
Dear Dr. Feinberg,
I know breastmilk could contain a high concentration of HIV virus. I just want to know what are the chances of getting infected if a guy has licked and sucked a woman's breast and has contact with her breastmilk orally by accident(probably only a few drops of her breastmilk)?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I think it's unlikely but I can't say it is impossible. If you are concerned about it, go get tested for peace of mind.
Haemorrhaging in vessels of eye: AIDS-related? Solutions.
Diarrhea with blood
- Odds Of Contacting Hiv After Having Unprotected Sex Twice
- Can You Be A Carrier Of Hiv But Not Suffer From It?
- Is Lower Left Abdominal Pain An Hiv Symptom?
- How Do You Feel If You Have Hiv?
- What If A Hospital Worker Is Pricked By A Hiv Needle?
- Is Vaginal Thrush And Vaginal Yeast Infection The Same Thing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.