|giving blood/not sure your clean
Feb 25, 2001
will the blood donor centers test your blood when you donate and notify oyu if there is something wrong with it?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Giving blood is a VERY bad way of trying to find out whether you have HIV or not. If you do have HIV and are in the "window period" before the blood test is positive, then you risk giving a large dose of HIV to all the sick people who will receive part of the blood you donated. If you want to know if you are HIV+, then don't be a coward and get tested at the appropriate place: an HIV test site or your doctor's office.
symptoms of CMV
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
- What Happens If Chlamydia Is Left Untreated?
- What Doctor To See About Genital Warts?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.