Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

symptoms of CMV

Have been HIV+ for approx., 16 years, no meds. Fem. I am quite unwell with anemia, fatigue, sensory neuropathy, hair loss. For several days I have been experiencing slight temperature with upset stomach. Then I started having an eye problem. My eye feels as if it has something in it - like a grain of sand. A film also occasionally goes over my eye. My vision is slightly blurred. Could this be CMV retinitis. I was told symptoms don't usually include feeling like there is something in the eye. I have looked at the eye and haven't seen anything in it. Whatever infection it is, how do I prevent it from going into the other eye??

Any information appreciated.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

This does not sound like CMV retinitis, but you may have a foreign body in the eye or a corneal abrasion or conjunctivits, among other possibilities. I suggest you see an eye doctor, and seriously reconsider your decision not to take HIV meds as it sounds like you have advanced disease and could benefit enormously. Good luck!

Boils Due to AIDS?
giving blood/not sure your clean