Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

nephrotic syndrome and HIV?

Well Now I am the one with the crazy swollen legs and today I found out that this could possibly be a nephrotic -related problem. My albumin was way off and my legs are just awful- with a rash and swelling and so on.... Negaive at 22 weeks and goig for 6 months tomorrow. Scared because I read that some people "present"ith kidney trouble

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There are many pssible cause of nephrotic syndrome, where your kidneys leak protein out of the blood and into the urine, causing swelling (becuase the blood proteins help keep water inside your blood vessels). While some people with HIV can develop kidney disease called HIV-associated nephropathy, the odds are more likley that this is due to something else. I suggest you focus more on the kidney problem and less on the HIV right now. Your doctor should refer you to a kidney specialist for further evaluation.

Shingles ? Please help, suffering.
Gestation Period of Cryptococcal Meniningitis