|Description of Lesion-possible KS
Feb 24, 2001
My sister has been HIV+ for Maybe 10 years. She found a wart-like lession as she descibed it, on her neck, above her necklace. Apparently there was no pain and it just showed up this week. I asked her to see her doctor right away. Could this be KS? Thank you for your time!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
KS is typically purplish and flat or a bit raised. It does not look wart-like. Your sister should see her doctor for an accurate diagnosis.
MAC survival rates
- HIV Infection Risk Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Condom Slipped
- Does Dry Mouth Mean I Have AIDS?
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.