|what is hpv
Feb 24, 2001
yes i was wondering is hpv as bad as aides and how does it get started?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
HPV stands for Human Papillomavirus, which causes warts. It is a chronic viral infection, like HIV. Some strains of HPV are prone to causing changes in cells of the genital tract and rectum that can lead to cancer, such as cervical cancer in women and rectal cancer. If the infection causes anogenital warts they can be uncomfortable and difficult to get rid of.
CORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT HIV TESTING?
Am I infected?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Condom Broke
- Swallowing Cum How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Bleeding During A Pap Smear
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.