Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

fluid in my breasts(hiv positive)

will hiv or the medication develop fluid in my breasts.if not what could be the problem please answer it will mean a great deal to me for the info.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If you have experienced breast enlargement while on HIV meds, this is not an accumulation of fluid but of fat. Unfortunately, it has proven very difficult to change this, largely because we don't really know what about the drugs and/or HIV disease itself causes this redistribution of body fat to occur. This syndrome is called "lipodystrophy", meaning abnormal deposition of fat in various areas of the body.

tired of shingles
hiv /cigarettes