Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

second guessing

hi,

I was dignosed 12 years ago, but decided to let the disease take its course and never went back to the doc. Recently, my attitude has changed and i have taken the firststeps to seeking treatment and decided to get a general CBC to see how things were going and it came back normal (did'nt want to disclose status).. should i be second guessing my diagnosis? Other than some balanitis, and maybe oral thrush 8 years ago i feel fine.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It is possible to have HIV and a normal CBC. If you are concerned about the orginal test, then just get retested.

Oral testing for HIV II
Chronic Bronchitis