Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Oral testing for HIV II

My wife is from England and has tested (+)for HIV-II. The results of my last test showed that I am negative. I am afraid to retest. I however considered taking the oral test anonymously. Is this test sensitive enough to detect HIV II?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

HIV-2 is a different disease from HIV-1; much milder and many people live for a long time with no clinical problems. So don't be afraid to get retested. The oral tests for HIV work similarly to the blood test, but I don't know any statistics to compare how well it works compared to the standard blood test for HIV-2.

newly diagonosedw/pcp& pancreatitis
second guessing