Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

AIDS Dementia (ADC)

I am trying to find out about AIDS Dementia. I don't know if this is the right forrum for the question, but I hope you will answer my question or refer me to the correct forum.

My psychiatrist has diagnosed me with ADC and I have a few problems that I am not sure are connected.

CRTs and MRI have shown an area in the frontal lobes of my brain that are fuzzy or blurred. I have been having massive headaches the past few months and was recently hospitalized with for a week while they tried to control my pain. There doesn't seem to be any treatment that takes care of the problem completely.

My question is whether or not the massive headaches could be related to the area in my brain that has been found. My headaches are in that area and seem to match much of the time when I am feeling comfused.

I hope you can answer this question for me.

Thank You,

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Severe headaches are not a tyoical feature of AIDS dementia complex. I recommend that you see a neurologist who is experienced in HIV disease

Further Studies on PML
newly diagonosedw/pcp& pancreatitis