Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

AIDS progression
Mar 14, 2002

I have a brother who is HIV possitive. He has been possitive now for more than 8 years. Over the last 3 years he has been up and down the roller coaster more times than I care to remember. His time has come to move to hospice and he has said he is far too tired to fight anymore. My question is what can I expect with the aggressive progression of the OI's. Is there a book out there that you can recommend to me that would have the OI's progression detailed out so that I am kind of prepared for what is to come. I know that there are many factors involved and I am not looking for exact answers just a little bit of guidance with what could come. Thank you,

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I am sorry to hear about your brother's condition, and I hope you both have an easy time of it. The best book about HIV & AIDS written for the lay public is called "Living with AIDS" by Dr. John G. Bartlett. It is available in paperback and should be easy to obtain from the library. Let me know if there is anything else that you need.

Previous
very nervous, please answer
Next
WINDOW PERIOD

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.