Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

AIDS progression

I have a brother who is HIV possitive. He has been possitive now for more than 8 years. Over the last 3 years he has been up and down the roller coaster more times than I care to remember. His time has come to move to hospice and he has said he is far too tired to fight anymore. My question is what can I expect with the aggressive progression of the OI's. Is there a book out there that you can recommend to me that would have the OI's progression detailed out so that I am kind of prepared for what is to come. I know that there are many factors involved and I am not looking for exact answers just a little bit of guidance with what could come. Thank you,

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I am sorry to hear about your brother's condition, and I hope you both have an easy time of it. The best book about HIV & AIDS written for the lay public is called "Living with AIDS" by Dr. John G. Bartlett. It is available in paperback and should be easy to obtain from the library. Let me know if there is anything else that you need.

very nervous, please answer
WINDOW PERIOD