Mar 14, 2002
I was wondering what is the difference between an HIV test 1 and 2. I read that in one of your questions. I just found out my partner of 2 years has AIDS and I got my test done and it came back neg. but I was wondering if I am being completly test for 1 and 2
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The routine test covers both HIV-1 and -2. If it's negative, it's negative for both. Now that you know that your partner has HIV, always make sure that you practice safe sex (religious condom use, etc).
Can you get aids from oral sex?
Can KS lesion change color?
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.