|Which test to take?
Mar 12, 2002
Hello. I have had several hiv antibody test come back non-reactive,(last neg. result July 01) no further exposure since Aug 99. Now is a pcr test or another elisa test better to finally rule out hiv definitely or have I tested enough?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The ELISA is the best test for HIV infection. PCR testing is not licensed for diagnosis, just for following the progress of those who already have HIV, and can produce false positive results. If you haven't had any other exposures since your last test, then leave it alone and relax.
- Hpv After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.