|Which test to take?
Mar 12, 2002
Hello. I have had several hiv antibody test come back non-reactive,(last neg. result July 01) no further exposure since Aug 99. Now is a pcr test or another elisa test better to finally rule out hiv definitely or have I tested enough?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The ELISA is the best test for HIV infection. PCR testing is not licensed for diagnosis, just for following the progress of those who already have HIV, and can produce false positive results. If you haven't had any other exposures since your last test, then leave it alone and relax.
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.