Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

transmiting warts

I've got anal warts, are there any way to prevent my partners not to get them? And if they are removed? And if my partner dos not have anal sex with me, can the virus still be in other genital areas? What I mean is if I don't want to transmit them I have therefore to be without sex? Thank you very much

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Unfortunately what is tricky about anogenital warts is that a condom may not provide complete protection, because the wart virus (known as HPV) is not necessarily restricted to the penis or the immediate anal area. So there is no guarantee that you can prevent transmitting warts with faithful condom use, although you should certainly try your best to do so. Warts can recur, so removal doesn't guarantee that you are free of HPV. This doesn't mean you have to be completely abstinent, but if you always use a condom and are honest with your partner(s), then at least you'll have done everyting that is in your power to do.

Is there an undiagnosed infection
Which test to take?