Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

CMV in immune deficient person

I have functional antibody deficiency and am on subcutaneous immunoglobulin. For the past few months have had bad swollen glands and fatigue and fever. My consultant says my viral tests show high CMV IgM antibodies (no IgG antibodies). However, he still thinks it may be a reactivation( although bi-yearly virus tests for 10 years have never shown this before). I was hoping to start trying for a family ( I am 39) - how soon would that be safe and what should blood tests show to confirm that I am past the acute phase. As my immune response is not the same as non-immunocompromised people it is difficult to find the correct advice about this. Thanks,

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You should wait until your CMV IgM is negative and you have developed CMV IgG antibodies.

Question for Doctor Feinberg
Will HIV make Eczema worse?