|HIV and policing
Mar 10, 2002
What are the chances of contracting HIV in the police field? we are often spit on and are in scraps with people who are bleeding. I have been told there has never been anyone contract this in emergencies services.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The odds of getting HIV through routine police work are very very low. However, policemen/women also have sex like everyone else, so your risks there are just like everyone else's.
- Jock Itch After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.