Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WHATS UP WITH MY MOUTH PART 2?
Mar 10, 2002

Thank you Dr. Feinberg for answering my question and putting my mind at ease about my t-cells etc. Also, I just wanted to let you know that I ate two yogurts and the next day my gritty mouth feeling was gone! YOu said you weren't sure about the meds I'm on, well now I'm confused. Why would you not recommend this combination for someone witha high viral load? Additionally, I did start a clinical trial a few months ago with Ziagen and Sustiva and I am one of the rare persons who developed a severe Ziagen hypersensitivity reaction.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I'm glad your mouth problem resolved so readily.

About your HIV meds: I would probably have recommended a protease inhibitor or efavirenz-based regimen for someone with a high viral load. I may have remembered your regimen incorrectly-- I though you said nevirapine (Viramune), 3TC (Epivir) and abacavir (Ziagen)-- perhaps I got it wrong.

Previous
Risky Activity for spouses
Next
THANK YOU

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.