|Risky Activity for spouses
Mar 10, 2002
My daughter has been HIV positive for 8 years. She married a year ago and just told her hustband when she had cervical cancer and had to have a hysterectomy 4 months after they married. Her CD4 count was down as low as 75. it is improving again with new medicine. She tells her husband that her viral load is not detectable which makes her risk of infecting him low. Is this true?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It is true that the lower a person's viral load, the less likely they are to transmit HIV to someone else, but the risk is NEVER zero, just small.
Recurrent Sinusitis = HIV?
WHATS UP WITH MY MOUTH PART 2?
- Itchy Red Spots After Giving A Bj Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.