Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

erythematous candidiasis

Hi Doctor, I have a question about erythematous candidiasis, Is it possible to have this for a space of a day or two or does this condition stay and need to be treated- I have had symptoms quite similar to the photos on HIV dent but by the time i get the appointment with my doctor, the red patches on the roof of my mouth are gone so it's hard for my doctor to diagnose nothing there! Please let me know so that I can put that worry out of my head- I have checked all the questions in your forum and haven't been able to find an answer to this. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Oral candidiasis of any form would be highly unlikely to resolve without treatment after a day or so. So what you think is candidiasis may not be that after all.

Ultimate lymph question
Are HIV antibodies affected by alcohol?