|Alcoholism and thrush
Feb 27, 2002
I been in rehab for alcoholism for 3 days now. I went to see the intern here cause I've been having this weird feeling on my tongue for a month now, like it's raw and tastes kind of sweet and burns a little sometimes. I had a little white spot that I scraped off the back of my tongue. She told me I have a thrush infection. She said it's caused by my drinking. Does this intern know what she's talking about?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
No. Thrush is not caused by drinking, it's caused by overgrowth of an organism called Candida.
I bet you are tired of lymph node questions
- What Is The Difference Between Lupus And Hiv?
- Why Are Black People More Prone To Hiv Infection?
- What Does Maculopapular Rash Look Like?
- Would Gonorrhea In Your Throat Cause Swelling
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Medication Is Used To Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.