Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Alcoholism and thrush

I been in rehab for alcoholism for 3 days now. I went to see the intern here cause I've been having this weird feeling on my tongue for a month now, like it's raw and tastes kind of sweet and burns a little sometimes. I had a little white spot that I scraped off the back of my tongue. She told me I have a thrush infection. She said it's caused by my drinking. Does this intern know what she's talking about?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

No. Thrush is not caused by drinking, it's caused by overgrowth of an organism called Candida.

I bet you are tired of lymph node questions
skin problem