Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Loss of weight in the rear

FYI, my specialist from Dartmouth Hitchcock has told me that d4t is most likely the cause of fat loss in the extremities. We have the PI's that cause lipodystrophy, and we have the d4t which causes the oppositve effect - can also affect the facial areas. I hope this info is useful to you. The specialist's name is [...]. Thank you for taking the time to answer everyone's questions. You're a saint! :-)

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Thanks for the compliment, but you should understand that these are all hypotheses. No one knows for certain whether lipodystrophy is "caused" by protease inhibitors (I've seen it in people on no meds or just on nucleosides), just as no one knows for sure that d4T "causes" fat loss (atrophy) in the rear and the face.

tuberculosis
Does MASTURBATION cause AIDS?