Dec 5, 2000
hello. i am hiv+ and recently had my TB skin test come back positive. i am going to start the preventative treatment soon, but i was just wondering if once you test positive for tb, you will always test positive like hiv, or will the tb go away after i am done with the medication. thank you for your time.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Yes -- your skin test will always be positive, and it will be important for you to successfully complete the preventive treatment for TB and to tell other doctors and nurses in the future that you have already had this preventive medication.
Is constant sinus drainage harmful to the stomach?
Loss of weight in the rear
- How To Prevent Tuberculosis When You Are Hiv Positive?
- How To Prevent Tuberculosis When You Have Hiv?
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.