Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

When should I call the doctor??

I have developed a cough that is persistently getting worse along with sore throat, severe headaches and a temp. up to 102.5. This has come on over the last few weeks and keep thinking it must be a cold and let it run its course. I am infected with HIV,HCV and CMV. When should I make the decision to run to the doctor, frankly, I'm getting so tired of doctors appointments. Last count my HIV PCR was under 500 and my cd4 was under 400. Thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Now. I understand that you are tired of seeing the doctor, but you may have pneumonia, and should be evaluated as soon as possible. Good luck!

Weight loss
adc prognosis answer