Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

I have POS and now sharp pains in my Lower Abs

To begin I need you to know that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(not a severe case). You also must know that for the past semester a yeast infection has been coming and going. The first time it came I was about to have my period and the yeast infection(or what I believe was a yeast infection) did not return or bother me through the period. Then again in the middle of the semester the yeast infection came back but I got my period agian and it did not return when the period was over. Two weeks ago I began to have discharge but no itching. Now, this week, below my abs where my uterus is, is tender a little swollen(i think it is) and painful. At some times of the day more painful than other times. There is a little bit of discharge but not much. I am supposed to get my period in one week exactly. I, however, am not on birth control this month. I am sexually active. Could I be pregnant or is this a yeast infection to a BAD BAD degree? There is no pain when I pee so I do not think it is a UTI. PLease help me figure this out

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Yeast infections do not cause discomfort that can be felt in the lower abdomen. You may have a more serious kind of infection, like pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). You should seek medical care as soon as possible.

Hair Loss On Legs, Puffy thighs and buttocks .
more often