Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Hair Loss On Legs, Puffy thighs and buttocks .

Approximately two months ago, I began to notice changes in my lower body. In addition to the hair loss , puffiness on legs and buttocks, there is an unusual wrinkled pattern of thin horizontal layers when the skin is pinched.I had a friend who developed these same symptoms at least five years ago and before antiretrovirals became standard.I recall having this same condition several years ago and It went away. Does this puffiness indicate a kidney malfunction?Is this a form of lypodystrophy? I have had renal failure twice since 1992. I am also a long term survivor.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It sounds like you may have some edema, which is too much fluid in your tissues. This may be what is causing the "puffiness", hair loss and wrinkling when your skin is pinched. You should see your doctor as soon as possible and find out what is causing this, especially with your history of renal failure. Good luck!

Interpreting the Test Result
I have POS and now sharp pains in my Lower Abs