Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Interpreting the Test Result

Dear Dr. Feinberg,

I was tested positive with the Hepatitis B virus. But I don't understand my blood test result at all. Can I infect other people with the virus? Do I need to pay attention to my liver condition? Please help me! HBsAg: Positive Anti-HBs: Seronegative Anti-HBe: Positive Thank you very much!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You are infectious to others at this point. Once you have been HBsAg+ for at least 6 months, you are considered to have chronic hepatitis B. You should indeed pay attention to your liver. If you have chronic hepatitis you should see a hepatologist (liver specialist) or an infectious diseases specialist who manages people with chronic hep B (not all do). There is a hep B viral load test that measures the amount of virus, and there are treatments for chronic hep B. You should also get vaccinated for hepatitis A and should avoid alcohol, which can accelerate damage to your liver.

naive cells and infections
Hair Loss On Legs, Puffy thighs and buttocks .