Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

what is a free virus

I am doing a report on the Life Cycle of HIV, and I was wondering if you dould tell me a little bit more about a free virus. The reason that I am doing this report is that my life has been affected by AIDS, my uncle died of it. Could you please take stong consideration to my question and give me an answer by December 26, 2000. Thank you in advance for your time in finding me this information. I love your website and it has been a great source for help.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It is my general policy not to answer questions for students who need to write papers, because an important part of what you're supposed to learn is how to look things up for yourself. But your family history made an impression on me, so I'll help you get started by telling you that "free virus" really means "cell-free virus", that is, virus that is not attached to or inside of a human cell. That should be enough to get you started.

Intense stomach pressure/bloating
infectious mononucleosis