Dec 23, 2000
i have been reading about floaters and im sort of confused....does hiv itself cause floaters to appear? or is it more of a response to vitritis or cmv?
ive had floaters appear and three ophthalmologists say my eyes are perfect in regards to eye disorders or infections (none present).
thanks for your feedback. happy holidays!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
CMV retinitis or vitritis is commonly associated with floaters, but floaters do not occur exclusively with these conditions. They can also occur with aging, and can appear in people who are middle-aged. If your eye doctor says your exam is OK, then relax.
Thanks for the holiday greeting, and best wishes to you!
Are anal warts a sign of HIV infection?
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.