Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

TestedAtTwoMonths

I had oral sex with a man, tasted precum and I stopped. He did not ejaculate. I had a test at 2 months and it was negative. Then, 2 1/2 weeks after the results of the test I get a cold and a swollen lymph node on my shoulder. The cold lasted for 3 days and the node for 1 day. I had not open sores or cuts or anything in my mouth. And no symptoms to speak of. Now, 5 months later, I had a slight sweat. I will get tested at the end of February, I guess I am just a bit scared. Thank you ever so much if you get to this question.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Your symptoms don't sound like HIV, but the most important things you can do are to get re-tested and not put yourself at risk again. Good luck!

HIV and Kidney Disorders
Fungal infections