Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

candidial balanitis,lack of balance / walking, heavy head,pain/pain in lower legs
Jan 12, 2001

I am an indian male developing incurable candidial balanitis.what are the possibilities of it being AIDS? I am applying anti fungal clotrimazole since last 20 days which has rapidly improved up on the red spots of the size of needle point all over the glans tip with persistent itching & burning sensation. what about if it is possible to avail HAART therapy in INDIA.If yes how much would it cost. If some rehabilitation programme is being run by charities let me know about .If there are good physicians available please inform if they are efficient to tackle opportunistic infections .since then I am continuously neck stiffness,heavy head & some red coloured ,small 1square cm area, painful spots on my back head close to ears & one on the top of head,burn in right & left halves of lower abdomen while walking in sunlight,some pain in the chest region between the breasts.often the inflammation/burning sensation manifests itself almost every part of the body,without itching feel/without superficial rashes/flaky skin on the affected parts.

regards

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Candidal balanitis might be associated with HIV infection -- the important thing first is to find out if you really have HIV or not, so I advise you to seek testing. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any specifics about the cost of HAART in India -- in the U.S., it is about $12,000-$15,000 per year. Likewise, I do not have information about knowledgeable physicians in India, but I am sure they exist. You would do best to access information from the Internet that is specific to India. Good luck!

Previous
Does KS always spread?
Next
Strep Throat

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.