Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How do I determine if it's an emergency?
Feb 23, 2002

If my t cell # is <50 and I am experiencing things like fever, spots on skin, boils, eye discharge, and other minor problems....should I go to the ER? I called for an appt with my doctor, but I will have to wait a week.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

A visit to the ER is warranted when you are too sick to wait to see your doctor. From your description, it sounds like there are some things bothering you, but none of them severe enough to visit an emergency room.

Previous
Window period
Next
lymphocitic pneumonia versus PCP

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.