The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

totally confused.....
Jan 19, 2001

Hi my name is Christina, I'm a recovering drug addict/prostitute. Back in march of 2000 I was tested for HIV while in jail by the health dept. Well the test came back + they set up a special clinic for me that I could go to when I got out of jail. But due to my insurance I had to continue seeing my assigned Dr that I have always went to for years, to get my blood work done. Well when my tests came back they were - just like they've always been. My Mom tried to contact the Health Dept to get some answers, but they denied my Dr's results. PLEASE HELP ME ... I'm very scared. I don't know the real answer I've been clean for 6 months now and I'm ready to lead a normal life. Please if you could, maybe give me some kind of opinion. If you could I'd greatly appreciate it. The information that i've been reading is very informative. I think that you are really helping people. You're doing a great thing. But I just can't find anything that I could use in my situation. Thank you,

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I suggest you contact the health dept. and find out where you can go for an anonymous HIV test. If it is negative again, then I think it's likely that an error was made while you were in jail. If there is any remaining doubt, you can ask for an HIV viral load test, even though this is not the standard test to use for diagnosing HIV infection. If there is HIV present in your blood, this test will be positive. Good luck!

Fungus infection of the outer ear.
Crazy Legs

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint