Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Fungus infection of the outer ear.

I've had a fungus infection of the outer ear since August of 2000. I had been swimming regularly and had itchy ears for months without knowing the cause.My ear doctor treats me with mycostatin in the ear as an ointment.Both ears are infected.I have taken medication for fungus infections for 2 one week period in the 8 months of the infection.I am taking zerit, 3TC, Crixivan and norvir(added 7 months ago)My t cells are at 200 for the past 2 years and my viral charge went down to 6 thousand last results from 20000.I am sero+ since 87, hep B. I also take testerone injection. Is there a standard treatment for a problem like mine?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

No. If topical therapy fails, you could consider systemic therapy with fluconazole.

SWOLLEN GLANDS
totally confused.....