Feb 23, 2002
What is the window period? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The "window period" is the time between acquiring an infection, such as HIV, and having evidence of that infection through a positive antibody test. Antobodies are proteins your immune system makes in response to an infection.
Scabies and HIV
How do I determine if it's an emergency?
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.