Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

How long can someone live with PCP

I am adopting the child of a woman with AIDS. I am trying to find out how long she may have to live. She is 43 and does not like to take her meds. She has had PCP for about 2 months and doesn't take her Bactrim as indicated by her Dr. She weighs 92 lbs. She smokes 1/2 a pack of cigs per day. She is a crack user and an alcoholic. Her T cell count is 0 and her load factor is 75,000. This all I know because she hasn't been to her AIDS Dr. in almost a year. Since we want to prepare her 6 year old boy for what is going to happen to her, (his biological father died of AIDS last summer) I was hoping you might give me a generalized opinion based on what I have indicated. This may be hard for you to do, but I hope you can try and give me an answer. Thanks!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

On the basis of what you've told me, I'd estimate that this unfortunate person's life span would likely be measured in months. How many exactly is hard to say.

hemmoroids
floaters