|Scabies and HIV
Feb 21, 2002
Thank you so very much for your question and answer forum. I have read that scabies is a common skin infection in HIV infected people. However, I would think that an HIV+ or HIV- person would have the same likilihood of contracting scabies. It seems that if you were in contact with the mite you would get it no matter who you are. Does being HIV+ make you more likley to become infected with scabies?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Not to my knowledge.
confussed about lymph gland symptoms
- Ache In Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hpv Cause Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.