|itchy red bumbs on body, that won't heal
Feb 20, 2002
For several weeks, I've had outbreaks of small red itchy bumbs, on legs, and now hands and arms. I'm taking Doxcycline orally, and applying elocon , no improvement. Could this be some underlying problem?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It sounds like folliculitis. Bacterial folliculitis should repsond to antibiotics, but since yours didn't, that may mean that you have another type, such as eosinophilic folliculitis. Tell your doctor what you've told me; you might want to try some topical steroids or get a skin biopsy for a definitive diagnosis.
Blister that left scar
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.