|itchy red bumbs on body, that won't heal
Feb 20, 2002
For several weeks, I've had outbreaks of small red itchy bumbs, on legs, and now hands and arms. I'm taking Doxcycline orally, and applying elocon , no improvement. Could this be some underlying problem?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It sounds like folliculitis. Bacterial folliculitis should repsond to antibiotics, but since yours didn't, that may mean that you have another type, such as eosinophilic folliculitis. Tell your doctor what you've told me; you might want to try some topical steroids or get a skin biopsy for a definitive diagnosis.
Blister that left scar
- How Accurate Is An Hiv Test After 4 Weeks?
- People Who Spread Hiv With Infected Needles
- Is Excessive Sweating An Hiv Symptom?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.