|itchy red bumbs on body, that won't heal
Feb 20, 2002
For several weeks, I've had outbreaks of small red itchy bumbs, on legs, and now hands and arms. I'm taking Doxcycline orally, and applying elocon , no improvement. Could this be some underlying problem?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It sounds like folliculitis. Bacterial folliculitis should repsond to antibiotics, but since yours didn't, that may mean that you have another type, such as eosinophilic folliculitis. Tell your doctor what you've told me; you might want to try some topical steroids or get a skin biopsy for a definitive diagnosis.
Blister that left scar
- Pregnant With Itchy Red Vagina
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Is Cervical Cancer Contagious To Men?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.