|CMV culture/DNA reliability and HIV infection
Feb 20, 2002
Are there difficulties with accurate diagnosis of CMV through culture and PCR in people infected with HIV? Would cultures show false negative in early stages of infection? Thank you for your help.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
CMV laboratory tests are reliable in HIV+s.
ARS, Kaposis and Molluscum
- Throat Culture Hiv
- Is It Hard For Women To Give Hiv To Men?
- Whats The Percentage Chance Of A Man Getting Hiv From A Woman?
- Would Herpes Be Detected If Caused Abnormal Pap
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- Why Do I Get Shingles Even After I Have Had The Vaccination?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.