Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Is my Friends tongue Piercing Infected???????

A friend of mine just recently got her tongue pierced by a girl that is not a professional, Its been one week and her tongue is swollen around the piercing and it appears to be a brownish and green looking color, she also said that it hurts on one of the sides and it looks like the girl that did the piercing pierced it with a very large barbell what should she do, what can I tell her. She got it done because she is not old enough and her parents dont know as well. Please get back to me right away its really important thankyou.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It sounds like her tongue is infected. She should see a doctor as soon as possible.

fungus infection
white on the tongue