Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

hiv and hpv skin lesions

i wld like to know if there is any link between the warts my grandson has and hiv infection of his mom and dad. our daughter (his mom) died from aids related complications, and i've noticed our grandson has warts almost constantly and even has one on his face, these seem to be harder and harder to treat. is there any correlation to the drugs our daughter took while pregnant (azt)ad hvp? her husband has warts also. he has had systemic shngles also. just really wondered if my grandsons warts have anything t do with the hiv, he has always tested negative. thank you.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Warts (HPV infection) is another sexually transmitted disease that can be transmitted to a newborn during birth, just like HIV and herpes can. I suspect that this is what happened to your grandson. It is not connected to the HIV meds your daughter took during pregnancy. Warts can be difficult to treat in HIV+s and HIV-s alike. I suggest that your grandson see a pediatric dermatologits and/or infectious diseases specialist for optimal treatment of his warts. Good luck!

Burning/Tighteness Help!!!
fungus infection