Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

KS Description

In past responses you state that the lesions being described do not sound like KS, I was wondering if you could describe the KS lesions you have personally seen. I do not gather much by the description out of textbooks.

PS: I have three such areas, one on my right hip that is more red than purple and blanches when squeezed, one on my right ankle that is more purple than red and blanches when squeezed hard, and one on the head of my penis that does not blanch at all and is a dark purple.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Of the 3 lesions you describe, only the one on your penis sounds like it sould possibly be KS. KS lesions are reddish to purplish (in light-skinned people), painless and do not blanch with pressure. It helps if you have seen a lot of them, as no one picture in words can completely do it justice. I suggest that you see a dermatologist for a clear diagnosis. Good luck!

enlarged lymph node and burining,itching scalp
Gonerea