|Are exophthalmos or Grave's disease HIV related?
Feb 19, 2002
Do people with HIV develop exophthalmos or Grave's disease? What about other endocrine disorders? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The only endocrine problem that occurs fairly commonly in people with HIV is a shortage of appropriate sex hormones ("hypogonadism"). Graves disease is a thyroid problem and is unrelated to HIV.
enlarged lymph node and burining,itching scalp
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Lymph Nodes Swelling Be The Only Symptom?
- Had Unprotected Sex With Someone With Hiv Came Inside
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.