Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

infections caused by earrings
Feb 10, 2002

Hello there. My earlobes have become very sore. I can't wear my earrings because my earlobes are so sore. The holes in my ear have become sort of crusty and occasionally they will puss up. I have been putting peroxide on them but its no use. Do you have any kinds of suggestions?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Clean the earring posts well with rubbing alcohol and then dip them in antibiotic ointment before putting them back in your ears. If you keep your ears clean and get the antibiotic ointment into the holes, they will get better.

Previous
hairy leucoplakia/trush ??
Next
I am scared

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.