|infections caused by earrings
Feb 10, 2002
Hello there. My earlobes have become very sore. I can't wear my earrings because my earlobes are so sore. The holes in my ear have become sort of crusty and occasionally they will puss up. I have been putting peroxide on them but its no use. Do you have any kinds of suggestions?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Clean the earring posts well with rubbing alcohol and then dip them in antibiotic ointment before putting them back in your ears. If you keep your ears clean and get the antibiotic ointment into the holes, they will get better.
hairy leucoplakia/trush ??
I am scared
- Does Hiv Infection Show Up During Pap Smear?
- What Are Some Symptoms Associated With Acute Phase Hiv Infection?
- Can You Get Hiv If The Person's Blood Went In Your Food?
- What Age Group Is Growing Fastest In Hiv?
- Hepatitis B And Cold Sores
- Can You Get The Hiv Virus From Drinking Out The Same Cup?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.