Feb 10, 2002
After high risk event, I had ARS 3months ago. That was sympton like flu with lymphnode disease. but Recently my test result's strange to me. I surely thought I got hiv, but..the result's hiv-, cmv+. So I ask about it to you. cmv infection can also cause sympton like ARS?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Acute (new) CMV infection shares many of the same symptoms with acute (new) HIV infection: fever, swollen lymph nodes, etc.
hairy leucoplakia/trush ??
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Can Keflex Treat Chlamydia?
- What Vaginal Infections Does Metronidazole Treat?
- Accuracy Of ELISA And Western Blot
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.