Feb 10, 2002
I understand that there are several causes of follicutilis. Would the type caused by shaving be or look similar to the one common with HIV ?
Thanks for your time..
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Folliculitis tends to look like folliculitis regardless of what's causing it. Folliculitis barbae, the kind associated with beard hair follicles, looks like any other kind of folliculitis but is confined to the beard area. A skin doctor should be able to give you a clear diagnosis.
- Percentage Of People Testing Positive At 4 Weeks For Hiv
- Undetectable Viral Load Still Show Hiv Positive
- Cutting Hair Of Hiv Infected Person
- How Long Can The Hiv Hide In Your Body Before Being Detected?
- Marinol Appetite How Long To Take Effect
- Chance Of Getting Hiv From One High Risk Sexual Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.