Feb 6, 2002
How long would it take for thrush to appear after hiv infection? Also, are bumps on the tongue symptomatic of hiv infection? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Thrush doesn't usually appear until you have been infected for years, on average, at least 5. People with HIV don't get thrush until their CD4 cell count is less than 350. The bumps on your tongue are your taste buds.
- How Do You Know If You Have Anal Cancer?
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Dry Blood?
- Basic Metabolic Panel Hiv Irregularities
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.