|CMV PCR and culture
Feb 5, 2002
In the event of a primary CMV infection not clearing due to simultaneous co-infection with other pathogens, would virus shedding be detectable in a CMV antibody negative but infected patient showing symptoms?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Yes-- in a new CMV infection it would be possible to detect virus before you would detect antibody.
KS lesion-scaly or shiny?
- Is A High White Blood Cell Count An Indicator Of Hiv?
- What Is The Best Genital Wart Cream?
- What If You Are Not Cured After Taking Bacterial Vaginosis Medications?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- What Are Other Names For Toxoplasmosis?
- Western Blot Blood Test For Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.