|CMV PCR and culture
Feb 5, 2002
In the event of a primary CMV infection not clearing due to simultaneous co-infection with other pathogens, would virus shedding be detectable in a CMV antibody negative but infected patient showing symptoms?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Yes-- in a new CMV infection it would be possible to detect virus before you would detect antibody.
KS lesion-scaly or shiny?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Scab Over?
- What Do I Do If My Girlfriend Has Hpv?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Risks Of Unprotected Sex With Inactive Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.