Feb 3, 2002
Does simultaneous CMV co-infection with HIV greatly delay window period for antibodies for both pathogens? Would antibodies for CMV appear before HIV antibodies?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Simultaneous co-infection should not affect the blood test diagnosis of eith CMV or HIV, although I cannot tell you which would become positive first.
INCUBATION PERIOD OF SYPHILIS
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
- Symptoms Of Hpv In The Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.