Feb 3, 2002
Does simultaneous CMV co-infection with HIV greatly delay window period for antibodies for both pathogens? Would antibodies for CMV appear before HIV antibodies?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Simultaneous co-infection should not affect the blood test diagnosis of eith CMV or HIV, although I cannot tell you which would become positive first.
INCUBATION PERIOD OF SYPHILIS
- Is There Anyway To Tell If You Have Hiv Without Being Tested?
- How Many Days After Having Sex Should I Test For Hiv?
- Are Hiv Symptoms Constant Or Off And On?
- Does Echinacea Conflict With Hiv Drugs?
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In Extreme Temperature?
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.