Feb 3, 2002
Does simultaneous CMV co-infection with HIV greatly delay window period for antibodies for both pathogens? Would antibodies for CMV appear before HIV antibodies?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Simultaneous co-infection should not affect the blood test diagnosis of eith CMV or HIV, although I cannot tell you which would become positive first.
INCUBATION PERIOD OF SYPHILIS
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
- Milk Of Magnesia For Thrush
- Why Do I Get Bacterial Vaginosis After Sex?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Are The Ways Can You Get Chlamydia?
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.