Jan 29, 2002
I am HIV+. If I have been exposed to CMV is it treatable/cureable?
(I'm the one that asked about CMV yesterday)
Response from Dr. Feinberg
CMV is never "curable" in the sense that you rid your body of it forever, but it is treatable. Like HIV, you use medicines to suppress its growth. If you are contracting CMV for the first time, that is a different situation medically than if you had been infected previously and it is now reactivating from its dormant state. See your doctor-- there are simple blood tests you can get that can distinguish new from old CMV infection.
Decreasing RAtio....Please comment
- How Do You Get Rid Of Cmv?
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.