Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

OI's and Window Period's

Hi Dr.Feinberg,

First I would just like to say that your the most humain Doctor on this website! Yourself and the great Doctor Bob are the best!You answer question's with direct logic, patience, and care which makes one feel like people care, you are a credit to the human race =).

After a brief, incredibly careless, "Unprotected" relationship involving myself(Male) with a female Co-worker, I had the usual symptoms which COULD be related to ARS. I had about 9 or 10 "Unprotected" encounter's with this person. No ANAL, but Vaginal, Oral(Gave/recieved). During the latter half of the relationship until a couple month's afterwords, I have had almost every symptom known to man for HIV....

I tested NEG at baseline 6 week's, 9 week's and 5 day's, and exactly 12 week's and 5 day's. to 2 months!

PS, Folk's, let me be an important example. I have above Genius IQ, look at how smart I was to engage in "Unprotected" sex act's. This disease has NO barrier's! So if your feeling dumb for doing the same thing I have, IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE!! G_D bless you all! and BE SAFE!!

Temporarily Skewed Sagacity

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Thanks for sharing your story, which i similar to many others I have read on this forum. There is a real 'disconnect' between knwoledge and behavior when it comes to sex. You were lucky. But people write to me all the time, saying they had this ar that risky, unprotecetd sex with someone-- often a sex worker, for God's sake-- and then start regretting it afterwards.

Risky sex is not a Monday-morning quarterbacking kind of thing. If you know you're about to do a dumb thing, THEN DON'T DO IT. I hope your experience will help lots of other people out there. Thanks for sharing.

cmv no HIV
Decreasing RAtio....Please comment