Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

OI's and Window Period's
Jan 28, 2002

Hi Dr.Feinberg,

First I would just like to say that your the most humain Doctor on this website! Yourself and the great Doctor Bob are the best!You answer question's with direct logic, patience, and care which makes one feel like people care, you are a credit to the human race =).

After a brief, incredibly careless, "Unprotected" relationship involving myself(Male) with a female Co-worker, I had the usual symptoms which COULD be related to ARS. I had about 9 or 10 "Unprotected" encounter's with this person. No ANAL, but Vaginal, Oral(Gave/recieved). During the latter half of the relationship until a couple month's afterwords, I have had almost every symptom known to man for HIV....

I tested NEG at baseline 6 week's, 9 week's and 5 day's, and exactly 12 week's and 5 day's. to 2 months!

PS, Folk's, let me be an important example. I have above Genius IQ, look at how smart I was to engage in "Unprotected" sex act's. This disease has NO barrier's! So if your feeling dumb for doing the same thing I have, IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE!! G_D bless you all! and BE SAFE!!

Temporarily Skewed Sagacity

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Thanks for sharing your story, which i similar to many others I have read on this forum. There is a real 'disconnect' between knwoledge and behavior when it comes to sex. You were lucky. But people write to me all the time, saying they had this ar that risky, unprotecetd sex with someone-- often a sex worker, for God's sake-- and then start regretting it afterwards.

Risky sex is not a Monday-morning quarterbacking kind of thing. If you know you're about to do a dumb thing, THEN DON'T DO IT. I hope your experience will help lots of other people out there. Thanks for sharing.

Previous
cmv no HIV
Next
Decreasing RAtio....Please comment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.